Friday 24 October 2014

Week 8

Dear Tim Hortons Customers,

  I sincerely apologize for the mistake that you are aggravatingly proclaiming with the top of your voice from the bottom of my uniform, even though I was not the one who had made the item which you had requested. Also here is just a hint, just because you were missing some sugar in your coffee due to a problem with the machine does not mean you should rip at me over it not meeting your expectations when you can simply solve your own problem by picking up the packs of sugar right in front of you and pouring some in yourself.

  To those who complain due to lack of a product for your order, I too feel your pain, for the simple fact that you are making it mine as well. Just because the person in front of you bought the last muffin does not mean you can demand the baker make some right on the spot so that you can go on your merry way. It takes time to make more product and nobody can make food appear fully prepared before your very eyes at a moments notice.

  Sandwich lovers, how could I ever forget about you all! I really enjoy when you deside to order almost one of every sandwich or four of the same sandwich. Those with specific requirements such as no veggies, add cheese, three types of sauces, grilled for a certain time, and finally cut in the manner that pleases you, I'm sorry but it is extremely difficult to keep up with your orders when your expectations are for someone working at Subway, rather than the simple coffee shop of Tim Hortons.

  All in all, I would like to ask of you to keep in mind that yes, you are tired from your long day at work and want a couple things to bring home for yourself or your family, that I too have a life, that involves being in school all day to finally get out and have to work until close to please the rest of the community and surrounding area.

  What I ask of you all is to just keep in mind that I am a person just like you, who makes mistakes and deals with people who should mind their own business and be on their way. I'm just a guy trying to maintain a minimum wage job to pay for living, my own expenses, and to pay for post secondary education. I am one person who can handle only so many tasks at a time and your patience and kindness would be gladly appreciated.

  Oh, and just one more note to end things off. Just because I work at a coffee shop and not in a law firm or business center like you, does not mean that I should be treated any less than one of your colleagues, friend, or family member. I still deserve respect and if treated fairly and justly then everything should go as smoothly as your fresh hot cup of coffee. If not, just keep in mind who you are talking to and who is also going to prepare your order.

  Sincerely,
         Your average Tim Hortons Employee

No comments:

Post a Comment